COVID-19 Recovery Plan
The NSW Government has announced the plan will have six main aspects:
1. Infrastructure pipeline – an area of demonstrated global leadership
The NSW Government is committing to a guaranteed $100 billion infrastructure pipeline over four years to drive employment growth and help create 88,000 direct jobs. This includes a $3 billion accelerator fund.
2. Planning and precincts – growing world-leading industries
Our Planning System Acceleration Program brings forward immediate reforms to support productivity, investment and jobs during COVID-19 with a Delivery Unit focused on unblocking programs caught up in the system.
3. Education and skills – equipping our students for the jobs of the future
NSW is currently overhauling its school curriculum in its biggest shake-up in 30 years. The curriculum review is now more important than ever as the state shifts to economic recovery.
4. Digitisation – accelerating recovery
The pandemic is highlighting just how much the quality of interactions with government matters. Our goal is to make sure these are seamless, easy and customer friendly.
5. Advanced manufacturing and local supply chains – building a self-sufficient economy
The onset of the COVID-19 pandemic revealed the importance of a local manufacturing supply chain and highlighted some of the state’s unrealised industry capabilities.
6. Federal-state relations – the time is now for national reform
The Council of Australian Governments (COAG) was an important vehicle when it was established in 1992 but we need a new, dynamic way to manage federal–state relations.
To ask UDIA NSW a question or to let us know more, please use the form below: