Submission to Department of Planning: Amendments to SEPP 70
UDIA welcomes the opportunity to comment on the extension of SEPP 70 and the accompanying Draft Guideline for Development an Affordable Housing Contribution Scheme (draft Guideline).
- The SEPP70 is not extended to all LGAs without a needs analysis for each LGA to test the suitability of the SEPP.
- The Department and GSC also look at other solutions to ensure we can deliver affordable housing
- Reviews the incentives for Affordable Housing, as the ARHSEPP does not currently provide sufficient incentive.
- Maintain the existing principle 3 in SEPP 70.
- Ensure development viability underpins any affordable housing contribution scheme.
- Amend the act to enable VPAs the ability to contract out of Affordable Housing Contributions
UDIA NSW actively represents the industry’s interests so that urban development can be undertaken positively in NSW. We advocate for access to land for development, encourage the creation of a positive regulatory environment and an equitable system of taxation and charges on consumers, all with the aim of creating amazing urban environments. We believe in supporting our members and the government collaborating to create affordable, sustainable, and liveable communities ...