Submission to the Design and Building Practitioners Bill 2019 Department of Fair Trading
UDIA welcomes the opportunity to comment on the Design and Building Practitioners Bill 2019.
Our submission to the Building Stronger Foundations discussion paper highlighted that constructing complex buildings is never going to be free of defects, and the objective for reform should be:
- Ensure buildings are safe for occupation.
- Provide a clear avenue to resolve and manage defects as they occur.
Our submission is underpinned by three themes that are relevant across all Parts of the proposed Bill:
- Accountability must be at the centre of the reforms
- The reforms must integrate with the existing legislation
- The regulations must be released for a more informed discussion about the Bill.
UDIA NSW actively represents the industry’s interests so that urban development can be undertaken positively in NSW. We advocate for access to land for development, encourage the creation of a positive regulatory environment and an equitable system of taxation and charges on consumers, all with the aim of creating amazing urban environments. We believe in supporting our members and the government collaborating to create affordable, sustainable, and liveable communities ...