Submission to the Fairfield Draft LSPS
The Urban Development Institute of Australia – NSW Division (UDIA) welcomes the opportunity to provide a submission into the exhibition of the Draft Fairfield Local Strategic Planning Statement (DLSPS). Our members have been involved in all major urban renewal and greenfield projects for the past fifteen years in Sydney, including in the Fairfield LGA.
- Council refrain from restricting the supply of secondary dwellings so that housing demand can continue to be met.
- Council take active leadership of progressing the Horsley Park – Mount Vernon Urban Area so that affordable greenfield housing options form part of the supply in the Fairfield LGA to 2036.
- UDIA supports a merit-based approach to planning proposals. UDIA recommends Council sets out a clearer approach for sites outside existing urban centres to be rezoned.
- Fairfield City Council advocate for an urban development program as an action in the LSPS.
- Council adopts an incentive-based approach to any future affordable housing strategy in collaboration with industry.
- Council collaborates closely with industry to create concept centres around potential transit nodes between Parramatta and Western Sydney International Airport.
UDIA NSW actively represents the industry’s interests so that urban development can be undertaken positively in NSW. We advocate for access to land for development, encourage the creation of a positive regulatory environment and an equitable system of taxation and charges on consumers, all with the aim of creating amazing urban environments. We believe in supporting our members and the government collaborating to create affordable, sustainable, and liveable communities ...