Submission to the North Sydney Draft LSPS and LHS
The Urban Development Institute of Australia – NSW Division (UDIA) welcomes the opportunity to provide a submission into the exhibition of the Draft North Sydney Local Strategic Planning Statement (DLSPS) and draft Local Housing Strategy (LHS). Our members have been involved in all major urban renewal projects for the past fifteen years in Sydney, including in the lower north shore.
- The draft LSPS is regularly reviewed to ensure it remains appropriate for North Sydney.
- Council review Housing Targets following the finalisation of the other district plans.
- Council adopts an incentive-based approach for affordable housing in collaboration with industry.
- Council collaborates closely with industry to create controls that enable vibrant mixed-use precincts that reflect the local flavour.
- UDIA recommends Council sets out an approach for new sites to be included.
- Implement an Urban Development Program to deliver and monitoring growth, with clear accountabilities and in partnership with industry.
- Council support place-making and take urban design leadership.
UDIA NSW actively represents the industry’s interests so that urban development can be undertaken positively in NSW. We advocate for access to land for development, encourage the creation of a positive regulatory environment and an equitable system of taxation and charges on consumers, all with the aim of creating amazing urban environments. We believe in supporting our members and the government collaborating to create affordable, sustainable, and liveable communities ...