Submission to the Ryde Draft LSPS
The Urban Development Institute of Australia – NSW Division (UDIA) welcomes the opportunity to provide a submission into the exhibition of the Ryde Draft Local Strategic Planning Statement
(DLSPS). Our members have been involved in all major greenfield projects for the past fifteen years in Sydney, including in the Ryde LGA.
- The draft LSPS is regularly reviewed to ensure it remains appropriate for Ryde.
- Council review Housing Targets following the finalisation of the other LSPS’s within the district.
- UDIA recommends Council sets out an approach for new sites to be included based on strategic merit.
- Implement an Urban Development Program to deliver and monitoring growth, with clear accountabilities and in partnership with industry.
- Council enable density and amenity, particular along with strong public places.
- UDIA recommends the Council adopts an incentive-based approach for Affordable Housing in collaboration with industry.
- UDIA recommends council collaborates closely with industry to create controls that enable vibrant mixed-use precincts that reflect future opportunities and the local flavour.
UDIA NSW actively represents the industry’s interests so that urban development can be undertaken positively in NSW. We advocate for access to land for development, encourage the creation of a positive regulatory environment and an equitable system of taxation and charges on consumers, all with the aim of creating amazing urban environments. We believe in supporting our members and the government collaborating to create affordable, sustainable, and liveable communities ...