Submit your articles to Urban Icon
CALL OUT: We’re now accepting pitches for 2020 Urban Icon magazine!
The second edition will be coming out at the end of June. Pitch* your ideas to Mia Kwok, editor: email@example.com.
- Pitches will close 20 May 2020.
- Article deadline is 29 May 2020.
We do not accept advertorial content. For advertising enquiries please contact Anthony Nicolaou: firstname.lastname@example.org. Advertising artwork deadline is 12 June, 2020.
Urban Icon provides our members with the latest updates in policy, research and technology from across the development sector. A curated selection of thought leadership and in-depth research on trends in planning, urban development and government policy.
Why do I need to submit a pitch? I already have an article ready.
We ask for pitches to ensure Urban Icon has a variety of content and formats in each edition, and to make sure the content is in line with the interests of our readers.
What should I include in the pitch?
– We need a few sentences explaining the angle of your article. What do you want to write about and why do you think this topic is interesting/new/different?
– Please also include the format of the article. For example, you may wish to produce a feature article, news/update, Q&A, opinion piece, etc.
– If you are conducting interviews for your article or Q&A, please list the people you are planning to interview.
If you would like to send us your pitch via a short email and then we can confirm with you to either proceed to writing the article, or we will provide further feedback.
Do you have any editorial guidelines?
Please note our editorial guidelines for the article itself:
– No advertorial (primary purpose cannot be to promote your company/organisation)
– Informative and compelling tone
– Use clear, engaging language. Minimise jargon where possible to convey your message
– Include links to sources
– Word count: 800-1200 words for features. (500-750 for news/updates.)
*Submitting an article or pitch does not guarantee publication. Preference will be given to members.