Submit your articles to Urban Icon
Urban Icon provides our members with the latest updates in policy, research and technology from across the development sector. A curated selection of thought leadership and in-depth research on trends in planning, urban development and government policy.
Do you have any editorial guidelines?
Please note our editorial guidelines for the article itself:
– No advertorial (primary purpose cannot be to promote your company/organisation)
– Informative and compelling tone
– Use clear, engaging language. Minimise jargon where possible to convey your message
– Include links to sources
– Word count: 800-1200 words for features. (500-750 for news/updates.)
Do I need to submit a pitch? I already have an article ready.
Just give us a heads up if you’re working on an article. We ask for pitches to ensure Urban Icon has a variety of content and formats in each edition, and to make sure the content is in line with the interests of our readers. We’d hate for you to write a story that has already been covered in detail in the current edition.
What should I include in the pitch?
– We only need a few sentences explaining the angle of your article. What do you want to write about and why do you think this topic is interesting/new/different?
– It helps to include the format of the article. For example, you may wish to produce a feature article, news/update, Q&A, opinion piece, etc.
– If you are conducting interviews for your article or Q&A, please list the people you are planning to interview.
If you would like to send us your pitch via a short email and then we can confirm with you to either proceed to writing the article, or we will provide further feedback.
Read past editions here. Reading past editions is a great way to understand Urban Icon magazine and what kind of articles we accept.
We do not accept advertorial content. For advertising enquiries please contact Anthony Nicolaou: email@example.com.
*Submitting an article or pitch does not guarantee publication. Preference will be given to UDIA members.